Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) allow you to view and utilize your NEWSTAR information in an endless number of ways – so many that Constellation developers can never dream up enough. You know your NEWSTAR system better than anyone, so we want your help.
Email your SSRS reports to email@example.com. The NEWSTAR author to send in the most SSRS report templates will win a new iPad!
Constellation hopes to help build a database of templates and a more involved NEWSTAR community. Report authors will be fully credited in the Client Care Center. Please see full contest rules below.
Don’t know what SSRS Reports are?
Join our drop-in webinar sessions, which will run most Fridays for the duration of the contest. Watch, learn and interact with our team as we build reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services within NEWSTAR Enterprise.
These interactive online sessions will run from 1:00PM to 4:00PM EST on July 13, 20, 27, and August 10, 17, and 24 and you may join anytime during the session as your schedule permits. Please click here to view available sessions and to register.
You may also wish to use the following links to access Microsoft tools and guides:
Getting Started with Report Builder 3.0
Important Registration Information
All registrants will receive an email confirmation via WebEx confirming your registration with a URL and event password. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact myself via email or by phone at (888) 723-2222 ext 2029. Online registration will close 30 minutes prior to session start time.
Director of Professional Services
- Contest opens July 1st, 2012 at 12:01 am
- Contest open to current NEWSTAR clients, excluding the province of Quebec
- The “Prize” is one (1) Apple iPad, approximate retail value CAD519.00
- “Reports” are built using SSRS (with or without Focus tables) and submitted as a .RDL file
- Reports cannot contain custom NEWSTAR database tables
- Email your Report files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email must include a Report title and brief description of the purpose of the Report
- Reports without descriptions will not be included
- Reports will be judged based on creativity and uniqueness, and must run without error on the Constellation standard database
- Reports that do not run on the standard database will not be included
- Each valid Report will count as one Entry for the person who created the Report (“Author”)
- Authors who upload invalid Reports will be contacted and asked to re-submit the Report
- The Prize will be awarded to the employer (for use by the Author) of the Author who submits the most valid Reports
- Constellation HomeBuilder Systems employees and their families are not eligible to win the Prize
- No purchase necessary
- Contest closes August 31st, 2012 at 11:59 pm