A couple months ago Builder G, not their real name, decided to change the way they follow-up with internet leads. They are already a successful builder, but this is still a big step for their company and their staff. Everyone involved in this will learn how to use the internet differently, identify and follow-up with prospects more consistently, and manage their sales teams more effectively. They will make better use of Constellation’s home building software. I hope we learn a lot as well and we’ll share it with other builders in the Constellation family.
For most builders, the time is right to make this improvement. There is some optimism in the market, websites have probably been neglected, more potential home buyers are getting their information online, the length of the new home buying process has increased, and many large builders are attributing their recent success to a better website sales process.
Builder G will make the following changes:
- update their existing website so that it is easier for prospects to obtain community/lot/model/upgrade details and provide contact information
- utilize one employee to follow-up with all internet prospects immediately to provide friendly information and schedule sales agent appointments
- utilize their existing sales system to track each prospect and ensure that only qualified prospects are provided to sales agents
Builder G hopes to obtain the following results:
- obtain more prospects from their existing websites (pre-registration and existing communities)
- ensure that all prospects are the responsibility of one person and that their marketing database is properly maintained for future prospect campaigns
- use the software from Constellation to follow industry best practices and track every prospect from start to finish
We’ll let you know how it goes.